Philip Tagg’s Video & playback help
— Videos on this site are mostly in the HTML5 *.webm format and should start playing soon after
clicking the requisite thumbnail, or the icons , or , or on the hyperlinked title.
video file on this site
video file embedded on this site (via HTML5)
video file on Vimeo
video file on YouTube
— IF you have problems, try one or more of the following workarounds:
- Pause the video, let it download a bit more into the buffer, then press Play again.
- Right-click the appropriate link. If no ‘Download’ or ‘Save source as’ option is available, use a browser add-on like Video Downloadhelper. Wait for the video to download, then play it without hiccups directly on your device.
- Clear your web browser’s cache and try again.
- Close down other apps and try again.
- Quit your internet browser, re-open it and try again.
- Use another internet browser.
- If appears by the video title, press that button (Vimeo may also need time to buffer); or, in the last resort, press the relevant icon, if it's visible.
I have given up on YouTube’s (Google’s) useless, mindless, robotic, anti-democratic, unilateral imposition of copyright policies that contravene both the US Federal Code (Copyright Law of the United States, 2011: §107, §118) and legal precedents of the ‘transformative factor’.